Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Reachlocal in Tempe, Arizona - Worst SEO company possible

1.6
Where do I begin with the issues! I needed a new company web site, so after talking with several other companies I decided to go with RL, at a $1700 monthly commitment on my part. We started with web design of our new company pages, I wrote ALL text and sent .wd files over to Robbie Brito at Reach to then send to his outsourced developer. Now, I am a great Mover, but not a copy/text technical writer, but when I got the finished product back 3-weeks later, there were basic grammar errors, spelling errors, when I asked for a picture to be inserted, they literally wrote “insert pic here”, with NO picture. We went back & forth on the web corrections for 2 more months, they never fixed the problems. Then I ran analytics on the site that they built; 112 coding errors, 5 major issues w/ Google capability, numerous +/- keyword issues, and of course, they failed to fix any of these issues. Their sales people (and that’s exactly what they are) lie to your face very easily, but never provide results. I had to hire another company to monitor the web sites issues. It got to the point that I was having WEEKLY status meeting with Robbie Brito / RL Sales, to “fix” the issues. I finally told him that I was spending so much time doing his job, that I didn’t have time to grow my business. Very poorly run company! If you call their Phoenix office, they don’t even have a receptionist, it is all V/M. I ended up canceling my contract with RL, and found a much better company that actually knows what they are doing; Today’s Local Media out of Dallas. Now, RL is holding me hostage and will not take the web site laden with issues/errors down, so Google thinks it’s a duplicate. I have literally had to go to their office and sit for hours at a time to get a response! Horrible company w/ really bad employees! Levi Ferrin Move-U Packing & Moving
Review
Pros
  • Sales people dress nice
Cons
  • Service
  • Ability
  • Being misled
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Take your web site down!
  • web design company
  • SEO Marketing
  • Internet Marketing
  • Search Engine Marketing
Resolved With Official Company Response

Resolved: Reachlocal in Huntington Beach, California - Worst Experience Ever

Reachlocal - Worst Experience Ever

Update by user Nov 20, 2015

They are working with us to resolve the issue.

Original review posted by user Nov 20, 2015

I was running a very successful PPC campaign for an urgent care customer. ReachLocal promised to bring in more business, expand their web presence through their superior technology. It has been a complete disaster. Calls went way down, visits to the urgent care went way down. I gave them access to my Google Adwords account so they could improve the campaign and see the keywords that worked. They never took a look. We were locked into a 12 month contract and they would not let us out. Each month, I'd get a new report showing poor results. I sent graphs showing a 30% decline in web visits. I told them the radius to use instead of covering the entire city. I recommended keywords to cut to be more focused. They ignored my requests. I looked at their budget spending and it was all over the place. Our budget allowed for $70 per day. Some days they were spending $28 - $35 dollars and we had no business. Inexcusable. Date Impressions Visits* Calls Web Events Calls Per Day 30-Apr 10028 297 36 102 0.4 26-May 21443 592 110 145 1.2 19-Jun 26772 811 153 217 1.7 1-Jul 13520 449 84 120 0.9 1-Aug 10720 323 67 87 0.7 1-Sep 22506 888 204 211 2.3 30-Oct 20525 626 182 171 2.0 They'd actually say the call volume was going up. At their best it was pulling 2.3 call per day per urgent care location. That is a horrible track record. The final straw, our poor results dropped to exceptionally poor results. They failed to update the URL's for Google's switch. Google warned about this new format for months. Check out the graph and see how results declined for yourself. We finally got out of the contract early. It was the worst experience ever. Find a local pro who can do PPC better.
#1132056

You didn't really. You let us out of our contract which was the right thing to do considering your campaigns were costing our business thousands in lost revenue each month.

You offered a credit for your mistakes and then wouldn't let us use it unless we stayed with you for another month. Our business shot up as soon as we left as Google Analytics will prove.

@Anonymous

How did you get them to let u out?? Your story is very similar to mine.

#1131986

Hello, Our employees are trained to interact professionally and courteously. We would like to look into this incident but need some details.

Please contact us directly at clientcare@reachlocal.com. Thanks.

#1131985

We're glad we could resolve your issue.

View more comments (3)
Poor customer service
  • reach local scam
  • Search Engine Marketing

ReachLocal Is a Premier Global Partner of Google's

4.5
ReachLocal delivers fantastic service. I have attended Free Digital Marketing Events at Google's head office with the ReachLocal Team in Toronto. Very knowleagable about Digital Marketing and delivers what they promise. Excellent customer service and quality leads. I do my search campaign with ReachLocal and I also use their tracking software called reachedge. I really like the software as it gives me complete visibility on where my leads are coming from, the phone calls are recorded and I get email notifications about my leads daily. Reachlocal is a full service Digital company and my rep manages my marketing we have monthly meetings. her responses are quick.

that sounds like *** to me ! you Reachlocal ? my experience is just the opposite

Service
Reachlocal Customer Care
Pros
  • Great service and reachedge software
Good quality

Reachlocal in Edmonton, Alberta - Talk Big with Zero Results

My campaign with ReachLocal has started from Sep 02, 2015 and have paid for two cycles till date. As the campaign is supposed to bring me more business and increase the traffic and the phone ringing but unfortunately your campaign did not add any revenue to my business in last 35 days. Here is the full story : I used to run my own campaign with Google directly and was getting over 10 corporate clients every month which add revenue to my business over $20,000 every month. Which was fairly discussed and mentioned to Kail Schofield and I was told that ReachLocal will bring more traffic to my business with low CPC and generate more revenue to my business and when ReachLocal is ready I have to stop my campaign with Google. I stopped my campaign on Sep 03, 2015 with Google on the request of Kail and gave full opportunity to Reach Local to bring the business in for me. Unfortunately Reach Local did not bring me any business call which can generate me revenue in 20 days. As I was losing business in the open market and decided to go back to my own campaign on Sep 23, 2015 and my campaign started generating the business at the very next day and I was back on the track. From Sep 23, 2015 to Oct 06, 2016, in just 14 days I have got clients over $10,000 from my own campaign and Reach Local campaign still did not generate any revenue for me. On Sep 29, 2015 Kail and one of his marketing manager came to see me to discuss the campaign we decided to do some changes in the campaign but it has been one week and still no positive results came up. I don't know what is your marketing strategy but I am losing business if I depend only on your campaign. I have paid $3,360 ($3200 + $160 GST) to ReachLocal for two cycles and it did not generate me business for even $1 till today. Please look into the matter and cancel my contract with no cancellation fees and refund the amount paid for nothing. Ramneek Trehan Trehan & Company - Edmonton
ReachLocal Response

As promised, our customer advocacy team has been in contact with you. If you have any further comments, please contact our customer advocacy team directly at clientcare@reachlocal.com. Thank you.

I spoke to ReachLocal clientcare and eventually my contract been cancelled and I got the refund for $1850 + GST paid for the recent cycle. Just booked a loss for $1350 with them.

I am free with them now and don't want to do the business with them.

Hi Ramneek,

About a year ago I was approached by Reach Local (cold call) for them to manage my AdWords account in largely the same manner as you.

What they didn't tell me upfront, and what I had to find out myself when I read their extensively worded contract, was that in addition to their monthly management fee, the Google spend amount is also paid directly to Reach Local, and if you terminate the contract early, you have to pay Reach Local their monthly fee PLUS the Google spend amount that you would have paid them had you not terminated the contract early.

Why would (or should) Reach Local be entitled to the unspent Google spent amount as compensation (given that this amount would naturally be paid to Google, and not to Reach Local), and furthermore, why wouldn't Reach Local make this clear to you before you signed up with them?

I think you may need to consult with a lawyer to terminate the contract, and I recommend that you manage your own account.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Poor performance of work
  • You feel ripped off
Bad quality
  • SEO Marketing
  • Talk Big Act Less

Reachlocal in Ottawa, Ontario - Reach Local ripp offfffff

where shall I start....well after spending hours talking with Ashley Brown, in Ottawa Ontario, Canada, I thought I would give reach Local a try, after giving them my money and trying to reach Brown, my emails were totally ignored for a week while she was on holidays, no automatic out of office reply, nothing..when she finally got to my emails and replied to me, no apologies, nothing...and all the things she said she and Reach Local would do for me, none of those things we had discussed were done...she had told me on several occasions ( and I still have those emails) "trust me, we know what we're doing" yeah, when it comes to screwing you alright....my ads were never sent to me so I could approve them, my ads never got close to the top of Goggle page as promised, my ads were not on Google page all day and was never advised of that, Brown never told me they take about 50% of your funds to stick in their fat pockets and leave you with such a small budget for adwords that it is impossible to reach the top of google page as promised. When asked how much to advertise in a specific area, she just pulled numbers out of her ***. Her numbers were totally unrealistic given the fact they stick so much in their pockets. She straight out promised me something that could not even be accomplished . After complaining to the company, some *** form the complaint department called and was suppose to email me so I could get back to them with my issues and the *** never messaged me. A week went by and I threatened them with reporting them to the Better Business Bureau ( as to which they don't seem to belong to, probably because there are endless amounts of complaints against them all over the internet ) and they sent me back the portion of the money that wasn't used on google adwords even thought they never did a *** thing for me they were suppose to do. So be careful of Ashley Brown of Ottawa , Ontario, Canada and Reach Local cuz they're definitely out to ***.
Review
#711926 Review #711926 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • You feel ripped off
  • Being lied to
  • Being misled
nothing done as promised
Preferred solution
pay me back for the sales I have lost
  • reviews reachlocal
  • reach local advertising
  • Internet Advertising Services
  • Online Marketing Services

Reachlocal in Melbourne, Victoria - They chasing targets not customer solutions

I used to work there are they only care about targets and making money off clients, not providing customer solutions. I couldn't get out quick enough. They are only a reseller of Google adwords and have not propriety products of their own. When they dont hit googles revenue targets where they get a rebate, they are an unprofitable company. Thats why they chase the target instead of the customer solution all the time. I was getting managed out because I spent to much time with clients and instead of doing 8 calls a week I did 6 on a regular basis. Glad I am out, there are much better online marketing companies to go to.

Reachlocal in Hoddesdon, England - Wow, cant believe we all got ripped off

hot air and bottomless promises. all the reps make the same assurances which go nowhere. I even had the sales director and MD in the UK based Reach Office so called working on my complaints. Rest assured sir we will call you back following an investigation into this. nothing. cancelled all payments to them and am contemplating legal action to get all my money back..... avoid these people like the plague. The reach Edge campaign is no better than their PPC campaign. ours has not worked since day one. the direct debit from our account has been functioning perfectly however,
PPCClaim

Hi

Give us a call we could probably help you claim your money back from these people. We have been helping other clients.

www.ppcclaim.co.uk

All the best

Review
Cons
  • You feel ripped off
Problem with delivery

ReachLocal - Deception and Misleading Conduct

Reachlocal is about to be brought to account for there deceptive and misleading conduct. A class action is underway. This is a case with over 200 applicants and counting. If you are one of those who has been mislead by Reachlocal, get on board now and join the class action. Also spread the word to others whom you know have been clients of Reachlocal. They have the right to know. Obviously, there are more and more clients of Reachlocal have noticed that they have been ripped off with their budget spent. If you want to join, this is the CASE NO. 2:14-cv-03400.

They are crooks. They even put a non performance clause in their contracts...

Over promise, under deliver and feed you with lies!

No transparency either! Crooks, Crooks, Crooks!!!

I'm based in England and the ReachLocal UK company is currently in Administration.

Does anyone have any info of any similar action being taken against them over here as I'm guessing it is effectively classified as a separate company.

Or if there's any way we could join this suit it would be great to know more please.

@Anonymous

You can of course talk to the administrators and see if they are willing to hand the case over to the Secretary of state. At the moment Reachlocal are in admin BUT you can get that changed to an official receiver/insolvency service to take over and then it will become a secretary of state situation who could then act for the clients (you) and try and prosecute the people responsible

i'm in Australia and would like to know more about the UK lawsuit, but also , is there any class action being taken in Oz, ?

@raped by RL

We are building a class action in Australia and the US. If you would like to register interest go to www.ppcclaim.co.uk

what is the latest with the class action and what are the claims of the plaintiff?

I'm in Australia and am trying to get out of our contract with them.. Do you have any info of were I can get assistance in Australia or an industry body ect .

@Anonymous

Just stop payment. It's too costly for them to take it to court.

In my case the company name was used as an add word to boost the figures. I was paying for clients who just put my company name into the address bar to shortcut to my webpage.

WOW, I have to say the comments on here are ludicrous. To the gentlemen only worried about how much money was spent on Google...

do you even have a clue how ReachLocal's PPC campaigns are ran? They advertise on 98 percent of search engines during their ppc campaigns, not just Google so of course your Google spend will not look high compared to your total budget. GL with that holding up in court...

my God, if you guys are going to suit the company, you probably want to learn what you signed up for first.

@Anonymous

I'm sure they would have loved to know what they signed up for. The dispute isn't over web coverage, it's about honesty and transparency regarding spend.

If ReachLocal were honest at point of sale regarding their extortionate charges this debate would end.

Retaining 60% of the total budget to manage a PPC campaign is ridiculous. Their actual service is diabolical and the platform they continuously rant on about is useless. You can track and record calls within Adwords for next to no cost.

Do you have a clue how ReachLocal's PPC campaigns are managed? Most of their sales staff have never seen an adwords campaign yet they're responsible for it's management.

Just choose a reputable local agency that charges an acceptable fee (10-15%). Pay Google direct for your Adwords spend so you can see exactly where your money is going and pay the agency their management fee separately.

Don't be a scrooge over agency management fees as this will only limit the man hours assigned to your campaigns.

If you pay fairly you'll get better service. The additional investment will pay for itself many times over.

Stay away from ReachLocal, simple!

@Anonymous

I worked for ReachLocal for several years... Everything being said here is pretty spot on.

Massive Hidden margins.

2. Lying to clients. and to staff

3. Political vengeful boys club style of management.

Adjusted individual campaign margins based on client size and other arbitrary factors.

5. Regularly changed pay structures to the detriment of staff and benefit of managers. 6. Added management fees on to of their hidden margin in an attempt to hide the hidden margin.

It worked by distracting buyers with the 'management fee' discussion. 7. Intentionally pushed budgets to Bing & Yahoo in Australia to pump click margins while still getting good click volume.

I'm embarrassed i ever recommended this business and can;t wait to see them smashed for their rip off practices. Small business is hard enough without ReachLocal raping their marketing budgets for their own corporate greed.

@anon

I also worked at ReachLocal for 10 years. Good ole boys club is right and their margins are 60% plus.

90% employee churn and they cut and paste reports and lie lie lie. The Los Angeles RSM is the worst!

This is great to see, first outed in the UK by YODA london, cannot wait to see the outcome on this, there is another lawsuit happening in the UK.

@Anonymous

I am also litigating against Reach Local. Can I ask did the IMC sell the service that Reach Local got a kick back from Google and that's why there fees are so low instead of the standard 15%

I am also based in the UK

Good that you are bringing a class action suit again ReachLocal. Let your attorneys know this as ReachLocal has always been in violation of Google' Practices for NOT showing your advertising budget allocation.

DID YOU KNOW THAT 70% OF YOUR ADVERTISING BUDGET GOES INTO REACLOCAL'S POCKET? THAT IS WHY YOUR CAMPAIGN IS FAILING. NOT ENOUGH OF YOUR BUDGET IS BEING ALLOCATED TO GOOGLE SO LESS AIR TIME, LOW PAGE POSITION, LESS CLICKS AND LESS LEADS.

HOW TO CHECK DISTRIBUTON:

1. Login to your account at ReachLocal make sure it is set to ReachCentral

Choose which campaign you’d like to report on, choose the time period etc 6. Click Update Report The Media Cost (Google only) is what Reach Local spent with Google for that period. With the report, it has an extra step you have to click Reports at the top first which should then open up a page that has additional reports on the left hand side. NOTE: THEY WILL SAY THIS ONLY SHOWS FOR GOOGLE.

LIE. THIS INCLUDES YAHOO AND BING.

Wowwww wow. Easily 75% of our budget

@Anonymous

The 5 thumbs down are from the Los Angeles office employees we were told by our RSM is August 2015 to spend one day going to negative reviews and refuting them.

View more comments (17)

60% OF YOUR BUDGET GOES INTO REACHLOCAL'S POCKET

YOU MUST check your distribution details. REACHLOCAL CLIENTS: Check how much you got in Google advertising vs what you paid? If you don't know how to this was the procedure which is not easy. 1. Login to your account 2. On the left side of the screen you’ll see all of your options. Click the + in the REPORTS option to reveal the drop down list of sub options. 3. Click Distribution Details 4. Now click the EDIT FILTERS button to reveal drop down menu function for Campaigns, Month, Year. 5. Choose which campaign you’d like to report on, choose the time period etc 6. Click Update Report The Media Cost (Google only) is what Reach Local spent with Google for that period. With the report, it has an extra step you have to click Reports at the top first which should then open up a page that has additional reports on the left hand side. NOT THIS ONLY SHOWS FOR GOOGLE FOR YAHOO AND BING THEY ARE NOT MADE TO SHOW THEIR “RAW” COSTS. Also now why they pocket 60% - ReachLocal: Founded 2004. All founders sold stock and resigned. Per the Wall Street Journal and S&P 500; Stock has declined from 2300.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter and is underwater. This is due to multiple weaknesses in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. The net income has significantly decreased by 840.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago. Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased by152.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower. REACHLOCAL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. They have volatile earnings recently and they are likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. For 2015 the market is expecting a contraction of 390.9% in earnings (Hence all of the above they have increased their profit margins by allocating less of a client’s budget to the publishers and more of the allocation of budget as profit)! About Sharron Rowland the “Face” of Reach Local. On March 27, 2014, Reach Local, Inc. appointed Sharon Rowlands, 55, as Chief Executive Officer. • Ms. Rowlands receives an annual base salary of $500,000 per year and is eligible to receive an annual bonus of up to 120% of her base salary. (An additional $600,000 per year equating to annual earnings of 1.1 million) • Ms. Rowlands is entitled to be reimbursed up to $50,000 for reasonable expenses incurred by Ms. Rowlands with respect to her commuting and relocation to the Los Angeles, California. MS. Rowlands in addition $10,000 per month (and any related gross-up payment to cover associated taxes) for temporary living expenses through August 1, 2015.Ms. Rowlands received 650,000 shares of Reach Local’s common stock. (No wonder why she claims Reach Local needs to reduce it’s over head of 33% - her head!)
ReachLocal Response

Your marketing budget pays for more than clicks on your ads on Google. Unlike with self-serve advertising, with our service, you also receive access to and use of our technology and experienced marketing team to drive ROI in the form of actual leads, not just clicks.

You get ads and listings on top search engines, such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo; management, daily optimization, and reporting using our proprietary search platform that directly accesses publishers; call recording that enables you to listen to all the calls your search advertising generates, and the support and hands-on service of your marketing team.

Learn more about the budget breakdown here: http://bit.ly/1Ew4ohJ. To speak with us directly, please contact us at clientcare@reachlocal.com.

@ReachLocal Response

sick response

Most of our clients have come from reach local. They are good for starting out but you can get so much more from your spend from a local company that has your best interest and not CEO profits.

What does the amount of money that went to Google advertsing have to do with ReachLocal's PPC campaigns? You do realize they spend your budget on all search engines, not just Google right?

Pretty freaking ignorant to start making accusations before even having a clue of what you signed up for.

@Anonymous

But that's the whole point. They at no point let you know what you've signed up for.

They said their admin fee's, which for the record were an additional expense on the invoices were the only fee's. At no point did my business appear on Bing or Yahoo and they themselves informed me that their sole focus for my campaign was with Google.

They have misled and lied to every one of their customers and it has severely impacted on my small business and quite probably many others who were relying on them to do as they promised they would in their initial pitches. Who's to say we'll even get our money back now that they are in administration which again goes to show how despicable a company they really were.

View more comments (4)
Pricing issue

Reachlocal in Melbourne, Victoria - Dont touch them

Reachlocals margin is ridiculous - half or more only goes on your campaign, takes forever to gain momentum and we are expected to wear the costs. You can not get intouch with anyone, They say they have a unique plateform but there are plenty of other digital agencies that can do better and cheaper. I moved a year ago and have never looked back. Saved money too. They also dont operate in monthly billings, they operate on cycles and their platform? is built to spend your money quick. Over 1 year they debited my account 16 times. Stay away from them.
ReachLocal Response

The amount of your budget used to purchase media varies from client to client, but your budget does pay for more than clicks on your ads. We invite you to learn about the budget breakdown here: bit.ly/1Ew4ohJ.

Also, we would be happy to discuss any concerns with you. Please contact us at clientcare@reachlocal.com.

You should try Using Digital Elder. Leads from google adwords.

View more comments (1)