1.1K views
With Company response Not resolved

My campaign with ReachLocal has started from Sep 02, 2015 and have paid for two cycles till date. As the campaign is supposed to bring me more business and increase the traffic and the phone ringing but unfortunately your campaign did not add any revenue to my business in last 35 days.

Here is the full story :

I used to run my own campaign with Google directly and was getting over 10 corporate clients every month which add revenue to my business over $20,000 every month. Which was fairly discussed and mentioned to Kail Schofield and I was told that ReachLocal will bring more traffic to my business with low CPC and generate more revenue to my business and when ReachLocal is ready I have to stop my campaign with Google. I stopped my campaign on Sep 03, 2015 with Google on the request of Kail and gave full opportunity to Reach Local to bring the business in for me. Unfortunately Reach Local did not bring me any business call which can generate me revenue in 20 days. As I was losing business in the open market and decided to go back to my own campaign on Sep 23, 2015 and my campaign started generating the business at the very next day and I was back on the track. From Sep 23, 2015 to Oct 06, 2016, in just 14 days I have got clients over $10,000 from my own campaign and Reach Local campaign still did not generate any revenue for me.

On Sep 29, 2015 Kail and one of his marketing manager came to see me to discuss the campaign we decided to do some changes in the campaign but it has been one week and still no positive results came up.

I don't know what is your marketing strategy but I am losing business if I depend only on your campaign.

I have paid $3,360 ($3200 + $160 GST) to ReachLocal for two cycles and it did not generate me business for even $1 till today.

Please look into the matter and cancel my contract with no cancellation fees and refund the amount paid for nothing.

Ramneek Trehan

Trehan & Company - Edmonton

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Poor performance of work, You feel ripped off.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Oct 08, 2015.

Comments

ReachLocalCares
ReachLocal Response

As promised, our customer advocacy team has been in contact with you. If you have any further comments, please contact our customer advocacy team directly at clientcare@reachlocal.com. Thank you.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada #1048326

I spoke to ReachLocal clientcare and eventually my contract been cancelled and I got the refund for $1850 + GST paid for the recent cycle. Just booked a loss for $1350 with them.

I am free with them now and don't want to do the business with them.

Hi Ramneek,

About a year ago I was approached by Reach Local (cold call) for them to manage my AdWords account in largely the same manner as you.

What they didn't tell me upfront, and what I had to find out myself when I read their extensively worded contract, was that in addition to their monthly management fee, the Google spend amount is also paid directly to Reach Local, and if you terminate the contract early, you have to pay Reach Local their monthly fee PLUS the Google spend amount that you would have paid them had you not terminated the contract early.

Why would (or should) Reach Local be entitled to the unspent Google spent amount as compensation (given that this amount would naturally be paid to Google, and not to Reach Local), and furthermore, why wouldn't Reach Local make this clear to you before you signed up with them?

I think you may need to consult with a lawyer to terminate the contract, and I recommend that you manage your own account.